.Things you can do at home to reinforce concepts we are working on in class:
- Find letters and words on cereal boxes, signs, labels, etc. Look for our "rule" as well
- Count to 100 by 1s and 10s
- Practice rhyming. Make up funny sentences that rhyme.
- Draw pictures. Use at least 5 colors.
- Practice writing numbers and sight words in salt or shaving cream.
oo: o-o oo. Make hands into circles around eyes and pretend you are looking through them. This helps us remember the word look.
Sh: sh sh sh. Put finger to your mouth like you're shushing someone.
Ch: ch ch ch. Put hands under armpits like wings of a chicken.
When 2 vowels are walking, 1 does all the talking and it's always the first one. (rain, boat, etc)
ee: when you see 2 e's it's a bumble bee party...e e e e e e e e e e
ing: i n g, i n g, ing ing ing. Jump around in a circle as you say it
Silent e: bossy e tells the other vowel to say it's name (make)
Naughty y: takes the name of a vowel (funny the y says e,)